I love video interviewing… I have seen the value in it, and my hiring managers do too. It works well for everyone.”
Jessica Klimach, Specialist, Campus Talent Acquisition
Apotex Inc. is a global pharmaceutical company based in Canada. Founded in 1974 with only two employees, the company has grown to employ more than 10,000 people worldwide in manufacturing, R&D, and commercial operations.
Focused on finding top engineering talent, Apotex recruits graduates from a number of colleges and universities around the world. In 2017, they decided to expand their campus recruiting program, but there were several barriers which kept the company from finding and engaging top candidates quickly:
- Screening time. Hours spent screening candidates prevented the company from growing it’s talent pool, and slowed overall time-to-hire.
- Disconnected hiring teams. Recruiters were not aligned with what hiring managers were looking for in candidates, resulting in added stress and wasted time.
- Scheduling hassles. Manual scheduling took too much time and caused frustration within hiring teams.
The recruiting team began using Wepow video interviewing for campus recruiting. Seeing immediate results, including significant time savings, the team decided to expand their use of video interviewing across all high-volume hiring initiatives.
- Recruiter time spent to fill an open position: Improved from 90 hours to 24 hours
- Recruiter time spent per candidate: Improved from 6.5 hours to 2.5 hours
The recruiting team is also tracking improved quality of hire, and credits Wepow with helping to improve the relationship between recruiters and hiring managers. From the start, Wepow helped streamline the screening and interviewing process – tasks that once took hours now take minutes, all while increasing transparency and collaboration among hiring teams.